Friday, March 12, 2010

RE-DO

I love this desk...my mom painted it when I was
younger I still remember her outside painting
it and also that one of my "many" cats had walked
on it while it was still wet...It was near Christmas
and I remember asking her who it was for-she
said "it's for your sister" (and I love surprises
and didn't ask anymore about what she was
doing) I've always been glad that I was the one
that actually got it for Christmas ;0) I've thought
about painting it for awhile but didn't want to do
anything to the "hearts" but I did ask permission
before Newell sanded it and I painted it....I love
it in the kitchen and in my opinion it turned out
pretty good......


Jacob helping me hold a cord out of the way...


The finished desk....it's getting a lot more
use in the kitchen then it was in my bedroom!
I'm going to take the mirror and paint it a
different color I'm thinking blue.....there is a
perfect wall in my bedroom just waiting for it!




5 comments:

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

I love it.
It was a very old dresser from your Great Grandma Bradshaw.
It did serve its purpose when it was in your bedroom. I love it in the kitchen and it holds all the paper and art stuff Jacob & Ellie love. Great job!!!

Angie said...

I think that it looks great! Good job! I love having a desk in the kitchen.

Chani said...

It looks darling.....and so does Jacob! He is getting so big!

adamsfamily said...

Looks great!!

Raelyn Austin said...

Great Job! I bet it was bittersweet painting over it...You will love having it in your kitchen...I can't wait to come play on your swingset!!!! Love Ya