Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day......!

A relaxing day with a personal chef and then watching the Red Sox play that's what I call for a Fun day!! and that's what I got....it was a great day Newell and Jacob fixed me my favorite breakfast...French toast yum and then later for dinner again Newell made me dinner-steak, green salad and potato wedges..Yummy! Thanks babe for a relaxing and great day...Love you!! I took a photo of the potato wedges because they are so good I wanted to share the recipe....

1/3 c. Flour
1/3 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. paprika
3 large potatoes, cleaned and cut in 8 wedges
1/3 c. milk
1/4 c. butter
combine flour, paprika and Parmesan cheese and mix well. Dip potato wedges in milk, coat with flour mixture. Place on a cookie sheet and drizzle with butter. (I don't use the butter-instead I just use the cooking spray or else the I can't believe it's not butter no calorie spray and it works great) Bake 40-50 min. @ 400 degrees.


And if you are a mother and you are reading this then I hope you had a Wonderful Day and Happy Mother's Day!!!


A Mom Poem:


A halo that reflects a life of
wisdom, kindness, and caring.
Eyes that sparkle with pride
and show how much she believes in you.
Shoulders that have been slept on
and wept on and
carried a world or two.
Arms that never run out of hugs.
Hands that know
just when to hold on
and when to let go.
A mind filled with amazing things,
from fairy tales to family tails
and long-ago stories of you.
A smile that can jump right into your heart
and warm you faster than hot chocolate.
A heart of gold
that holds more love
than you can possibly imagine.
-Author Unknown
MOM
We only have One Mom, One Mommy,
One Mother in this World, One life.
Don't wait for the Tomorrow's
to tell Mom, you love her!
-Author Unknown

4 comments:

J, K, E & C Hadley said...

Great poems! and I am going to try the potato wedges tonight.

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you did have a great day.
Those potatoes look so good!
XOX

I'm Stitching as fast as I can said...

I am so glad that my 'baby' is a happy 'mommy'
The poems are great, of course I Love the Last one.
We only have one Mom.
Gotta love our Moms!

Raelyn Austin said...

Its so nice not to have to cook once in a while...I am very lucky that way also...Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day...Love You!!!